Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

 4th Annual
Gingerbread House Party!

It only took us 4 years to work out all the kinks.  We remembered to make the dough in advance, so it could be refrigerated.  Mike rocks at all the rolling and trimming of the pieces.  We finally have the right consistency on the frosting, but didn't add cream of tartar.  Note to Steph never forget this again, because every time some piece took to long to set I was blamed.  I found that I can buy the boards from Harmons, so that made them look nice and saved so much time.

The kids were entertained by the T.V.  That gave us more focus on our decorating skills.

We planned on decorating gingerbread cookies with the kids.  Only 2 cookies actually got the candy put on them.  The kids didn't see the point in putting candy on a cookie.  Candy isn't for decorating, it is for going in your mouth, and they got plenty tonight.
A good picture of Susan and Sienna.


Are you ready for the masterpieces?

Ramos Family

Jensen Family

Venegas Family plus a girl who likes her picture taken.

Mike and I with finished product.  The kids had gone to bed.

A special thank you to the Owens family.  They invited us to their house in 2005 to make gingerbread houses, and now we love the tradtion.  Also a thank you to Brenda Olsen for a fantastic frosting recipe.











2 comments:

Wendy said...

Those look amazing! We are going to make one too, but I bought a kit. Am I the lamest or what?! Also, love the chapstick. We have that problem at our house too! I want to give you a call this week to catch up...is there a good/bad day?

Brenda said...

I love this blogging world! It is so fun to keep in touch and updated with everyone! Your kiddos are so adorable! Thank you for all the sweet compliments you left! You are very nice! I miss you, too! Those crochet nights were the best! I'm glad to hear you are still doing it!