Big long name and a big long day!
We have known that ear tubes were in our future. They both have gotten ear infections every month since July. I guess the rule of eligibility is 4 infections in a 6 month period. We were getting them out of cold season too. Our fridge always had antibiotics in it.
Their surgery was at the Riverton Primary Children's Medical Center. The nursers were fantastic, and the place was great.
We checked in at 10am.
Colin did not like the bracelet. We had to keep distracting him, so he wouldn't pull it off.
Next were vitals. Annelise's little heart was just a pounding. They took her heart rate 3 times, but it just got higher and higher. At one moment Colin said "good job Leesy". I thought it was so cute how they encouraged each other.
We played with the hand toy on the wall while we waited for the RN to come check out our ears and throat.
We went to the next waiting room. They had T.V.s, cars, toys, books, and this bubble lava lamp thing that Colin loved.
Surgery time came at 11:10am. Dr. Child said it would take 12 minutes.
Colin went first. He rode in a wagon with the Dr. First, the anesthesiologist, to the operating room. Dr. First said he isn't a normal 2 year old. He answered yes to all of his questions, even said yes to Brussels sprouts. How would he know we don't eat those.
By the time they took Annelise back, we were able to go to the recovery room. Colin was still asleep, but woke up sweet. He opened his eyes, and was ready to stand up.
I missed Annelise waking up, because Colin and I were going for wagon rides, and eating slushies. Annelise wasn't as pleasant. She was crying more, and not happy. She was really pale. The nurse sent us home with barf bags, but I'm happy to say we didn't need them.
We came home and all took naps. When I was trying to get Annelise dressed in the recovery room, I promised her we could feed the ducks at Gardner Village. She woke up after naps crying, because she wanted to feed the ducks.
so we did...
The ducks weren't to hungry but Annelise was.
We had a nice evening in playing guitar hero.
The kids were rock stars for their surgery.
I just hope the infections stay away.
4 comments:
Poor kids!! I loved the story in photos though - especially the pic of Annelise and Mike looking at the ducks. So cute.
I've heard good things about tubes, and it worked for my little niece... hopefully you won't see any antibiotics in your future.
I am glad the surgeries were successful! And those hospital gowns are just the cutest on little ones. I hope it is a long-term success. Give the kiddos some squeezes from us!
I think one of the saddest things to ever see is a little kid in a hospital gown. I'm glad it was for something relatively minor, though. Tubes also worked for my nephew. Good luck!
I'm glad it all went well. It looks like a great facility for children as well.
Post a Comment