Wednesday, August 1, 2012

camping spruces

Monday after the Ragnar we went city camping at Spruces.  I call it city camping because I've never had to pay for camping before.  It was so much fun.  It was close to home so when you need to drive back for pillows and games, it's no big deal.   We got reception which usually who cares, but it was fun getting birthday texts.  I was there on my birthday.  Loved it.

Here are some around the camp pictures
Jayson learned to play kids themed songs and it paid off because Colin was all smiles.
I took the kids to hike Silver Lake.
We finally saw the moose I heard was always there.  It didn't make an appearance the last time we went for moms club.  It probably was afraid of the 20 kids we had that day.

I had to carry Colin the last half.  He had hand foot and mouth and the blisters on his feet was no fun.  Good thing Kade loves running and kept up with us.
The next day we went on a hike up donut falls.  Annelise was a rock star.  She hiked the whole way and loved it.  She wanted to keep going up to the falls on the difficult rocks.  Again my motherly instincts for lying came out and I told her you have to be 8 to climb the rocks.  I first tried to explain that her arms weren't long enough to reach each rock, but she of coarse responded with "yes they are"  Well the best I could do was think of an age I thought they might be long enough.  Now I just need them to post a sign of age restrictions to make it legit.
Colin was not up to all the walking.  Jayson packed him the whole way back to camp.  He did finally admit he was sore the next day.  We love these guys.
Colin was into throwing rocks
Kade is so good at smiling at the camera these days.  He sees that red light come on and gives cheesy smiles.  Love those cheeks.
He slept the walk back to camp

The smile on Colin makes me laugh
Here is proof we made it to the falls.  I had never went to the falls part before.  It was worth getting my feet wet.
We counted 27 butterflies along the trail.
Back at camp we had yummy food and a lot of fun.  It was good that we were able to have a fire at this camp because camping without a fire is lame.
I am looking forward to going again next year.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love the mom lies. I have tried telling Sophie the actual reasons why she can't have or do something and she always counters. But it is hard to counter an age requirement. Good call on that!