Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bunion no beuno

I have Reay feet.  Ive had bunions for awhile, but this thing started hurting this summer.  I decided to get it looked at and fixed.
Surgery was November 8th
I had to use the ice machine and compression machine for 3 days.  I stayed off it for 5 days.  
My mom came to keep kids while mike went with me to surgery.  Then she hung out a few days and cooked my fav chicken noodle soup.
Delicious.  
Mike & Colin showed up with beautiful yellow flowers that lasted forever.
I was visited by a mission companion Sister E and fantastic friends.  We got 4 amazing dinners.  I was on the receiving side of service, and it felt sweet.

 The next month I wore a big black boot.  If I had to choose a worst thing, it would be after the boot because I had trained myself to walk on the outside of my foot.  I guess I got tendonitis from trying to correct my walk.  My toe never did hurt, itchy yes but not hurt. Next was ALWAYS wearing good shoes.  Thats trickier than you think.  It was hard not to jump up to grab something out of the fridge.  

Here's a picture after week one
yucky
still wearing wide shoes but I ran 15 miles on it on Saturday and it felt great!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Bumion or no, cute toes!