Saturday April 17th
Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon!
We did it Diana, and we did it well.
It all started 12 weeks ago with a friend (Dave Ramos who didn't run) saying "I think I'm going to run the 1/2 marathon" I got online found Hal Higdon's 12 week training program, and started running. I also read 2 books by Hal about training, and it paid off. I felt great.
4:00am Race day started, I couldn't sleep anymore.
5:50am We left for the Legacy Bridge. Mike drove Diana, Juan, and I.
6:25am arrived at port a potty line where we waited 35 minutes. Never again will I drink so much water before the race starts.
7:00am someone sang the Star Spangeled Banner (we were walking to the starting crowd then.) The gun shot went off and 7 minutes later we crossed the starting line.
It's to bad you can't enlarge the above photos, but they haven't been purchased. They want you to buy the printed copies, wait 8 weeks then scan to put on blog.
This is important stuff I need to be posting now people.
Mike got this photo. The finish line was so crowded. He said he had to get aggressive to get up to the fence to take pictures. I didn't even see them, but as you can tell I was looking for my supporters.
My biggest fan!



3 comments:
Steph! You are a rock star!!! I knew you would do a great job though. I was impressed with all of your training, so I knew on race day you would rock it. I am way proud of you (and Diana). Good job! I am inspired to get into better shape now.
You are so amazing. Good for you. I am so sad that I wasn't able to be there screaming my head off. I am so proud even though I can't take any credit at all. You rock.
Congrats on your first 1/2 marathon! I was surprised when you told me it was your first! It's so motivating for me to get going too! Great job!
Post a Comment