Mike has this week off, so we could go to Disneyland. We/me talked us out of going. By the time Mike found out the trip was off, he did not want to work because he didn't have any patients scheduled and that makes for a long week. He chose to take the time off, and find things to do around town. We were lucky to go to the fair today!
We saw the animals . . . .
That goat was pulling my hair in this picture, and a better pic of Kade is . . .
Annelise checked the map to make sure we were ? ? ?
We became animals . . .
We played at the Young Guns play area. It's new this year. It was free and shaded. I don't know why they had it, but the kids loved it.
The kids practiced some roping skills. . .
Colin played in the sand box for 30min. He loved making sand castles. He would tell every new person that stopped by "Wook I'm making sand castles" I'm not sure when the L's will develop, but many people say he talks so well for his age.
We had to bribe the kids with a corn dog and ice cream to get them to leave. Here is a picture of Annelise eating a $6.50 corn dog . . .
I really didn't think we would be there long enough to need lunch, but we had such a fun time. The kids really enjoyed the animals and the play thing, and Kade was a rock star. We stayed for 3 1/2 hours.
I was hoping to share a corn dog, but she finished hers and of coarse Colin finished his. I am going to admit, that I took a lot of pickles from the condiment station, hoping they might fill up on them.
I'm sure I would have gone thru sticker shock at Disney.
We watched a little bit of the sea lion show. I was annoyed by all the late comers who just stood in front of us, so we left. On the way out I asked Annelise her favorite part, and she said "the sea lions" I guess we should have stayed. I didn't think she could even see them over the crowd.
I usually really enjoy seeing all the paintings and quilts, but we didn't make it. We got there before it was open, and then we just left without going back. It's probably for the best. I don't know if the kiddos would have liked it as much.
As for the ice cream, they didn't ask until the car ride home. We stopped by Artic Circle and made good of our word.
4 comments:
Everyone looks like they are having so much fun! Miss you guys.
This looks like so much fun!!!! I have been thinking about taking caleb. I haven't been since 4H.
I love state fairs. They are the best and even though the food is expensive, I always justify it by saying that it is only once a year. We missed the TN state fair. It was/is this week. I would rather do this than disneyland. Am I so weird?
oh man! We miss all the fun stuff. Wish we were there, it looks like you guys had a really fun time.
Post a Comment