Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fishing Grand Daddy Lake

I have a lot of pictures of this fun weekend.  I am so happy that Lane knows good places to camp, and they are only 1 hour away for us.  It's awesome!

The men went on a hike to the Grand Daddy Lakes.  Jayson got these 3 photos.
The men woke up at 5:30am to make the 2hr hike up to the lakes.  I hope to hike with them next year.  It looks beautiful.

At camp we ....

hiked up a much easier trail
practice our casting skills
relaxed
got held a lot
it seemed like unlimited four wheeling with grandma.  Colin calls the four wheeler "the elevator"  All I have to say to that is Colin you are a silly billy, because that's a phrase he uses.
lots of lolli pops

oh and fished before the fishing trip.  We went to the North Fork river the first night.  Mike caught 9 fish in the 1 1/2 hours he was there.  We don't have proof, but I believe him.

The kids...
had to slide down to get to the river
got held some more

Melissa had success while we played up stream

Another trip to the river... The kids took it more serious this time, and Annelise caught one.
Colin is still telling people we know and strangers at the store that he went fishing.  He will talk to anyone who will listen.

It was a great weekend. 





4 comments:

J and T said...

So fun! I love camping but the nights never go too smoothly. How were your nights? Do you tent or trailer camp? Anyway, glad you had a great time.

Tara

Wendy said...

That looks so fun! Also, does Kade ever stop smiling?! He is just the cutest!

The Couple said...

Holy Cow fun!! I need the details on where you went, Rob wants to take Caleb camping and that looks like a fun place! Fishing looks like a party...how was the river? I get nervous about rivers...I worry Caleb would jump in when i wasnt looking or their to stop him and he'd get swept away from me. Looks like a party!!!

sstevens said...

Wow your kids are so big. That looks like a LOT of fun. Give Annie a high-5 for me on the fish.