Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lagoon

We went to Lagoon with the Snyders 2 weeks ago.  I didn't have very high expectations on the fun I would have, but it was way fun.  Things that I thought would be hard were:
  1. the park opened at 11am the day is half over by then and we like our naps at noonish.
  2. heat it was supposed to be 93 degrees that day
  3. long lines because of pioneer day being observed

It all worked out. 

  1. Opening at 11am allowed us to eat at the Original Pancake House with the Jensens before we went. yum yum!
  2. It didn't seem 93 degrees because we had cloud cover, and it even sprinkled a bit which was nice.
  3. The lines were fine in the kiddy area, and Jill and I practically walked onto the white roller coaster.

It was fun!  Here are the photos.

We even rode with strangers.  Not sure how he got thrown into our helicopter.
Colin needed an adult for most rides, and didn't wait for us so Matt took him.

click on this to see Annelise's face
Annelise looked terrified but right when the ride stopped she asked to do it again.  My tummy could only take one tidal wave ride.  If you ask her she says the pirate ship was her favorite, and she means tidal wave.
Kade liked his ride too. 
Other rides not shown. Cam was brave and tall enough to ride the Colossus, so we rode the spinning music thing.  Bora bora, dragon, carousel, log ride (Colin hated getting splashed in the face)  They seemed to love all the rides.  We made it 6 hours of non stop fun.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun day! I love it when the clouds help out. And that Kade is just the cutest!!! I love his little face. I am so happy that you have been back to blogging. I love catching up on your family. Miss you.

sstevens said...

Holy cow! I didn't even recognize Kade. He has gotten so big and is SUPER cute. I love it when things turn out better than you think they will. Hope you guys are doing well. Talk to you soon.

The Couple said...

wow! so adventurous! i have wondered about taking caleb to lagoon but he gets so frightened of things. I am so glad to see your kids did so well!!