Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cruise pictures are in! Take an hour, it took me a month!

Day 1:
Arrive at Monarch of the Seas

Can you say red eye flight.  We found our way to the pool, and relaxed.  Then checked out the ship.


Once we were cleaned up we made it to Vincent's Diner.  We spent a lot of time there.  2 hours each night for our dinner.  5,000 calories later.

The boys needed to remove the remnants of their meal.  We didn't pack floss.  Jayson's first souvenir was a $5 thing of floss.

This is where we went each night to be entertained.  The first night we saw a funny comedian.  He did a bit on plantar fascitis.  Mike diagnosed me with that last year, and I could relate.  I don't have it, but the guy made me laugh.

Day 2:
Coco Cay
We sailed off on a tender to Coco Cay.


We walked around the shops.
The water wasn't cold, I was sucking in.  It was intimidating next to Melissa.


We enjoyed our coco loco drinks while the rain passed.  Melissa went on this same cruise with her family 6 years ago, and remembers the adults drinking these.  She was really looking forward to  seeing what it was all about.  It was very tasty.
Jill saw something like this in a magazine.  I thought it was cool.
Headed back to the ship. 

I needed a nap.  I had trouble sleeping thru the night.  I realized the last night it was all the Coke I was drinking.  We bought a beverage pass, and I was getting my money's worth.  I didn't sleep well, until I switched to Sprite.

Formal Night!
Before we went to our dinner we had our pictures taken.


I can't believe the guy got Mike down on the ground in his new suite.  First time he had worn it. 
We took some pictures with the Jensen's on the ground too, but those pictures were to crazy to pay for.  The people in line were saying no way am I doing that.
I have decided to provide Mike the definition of what he ate that night.

Escargot is a dish of cooked land snails, usually served as an appetizer. The word is also sometimes applied to the living snails of those species which are commonly eaten.

I promise he did put it in his mouth, and swallow.  A guy who won't eat bananas because of texture, and he ate a snail. 

Jayson took some pictures of the pretty food we ate.

I loved everything about the food.  I found my favorite dessert was strawberry ice cream.  It tasted like strawberry quick.  Mike is a big fan of the quick, and was hooked too.  They had new menu items every night, but that was a standard.  Our waiter thought I was nuts going for something so plain.  He always brought 2 or 3 more things. 



Entertainment for night 2 was dancers, and singers.  They were okay.  Then we watched Battle of the Sexes.  The women won.  We also located the pizza spot open all night.  We played cards.

Day 3:
Nassau
and tropical storm Nicole

My only negative encounter with a cruise ship member. 
I was asking the excursions guy what we could do besides Atlantis, because of rain.  He was so insistent that Atlantis was where it was at, even during a tropical storm.  I didn't feel $110 per person for a water park, and being cold was for me.  I explained we don't want to go, and what else does the town have to offer.  He told me to go bowling. 
We walked to town in the wrong direction for an hour.  I found out that they sell decorative pillows at this fancy store for $395.  I lifted my jaw, and left the store. 

Once we were in the right direction we went to the fun pirate museum.
This guy never got out of character.  He wanted Mike's back pack, and always talking about treasure.

the picture is more funny enlarged.  At least I think so.
Inside the museum we learned the code of conduct
I also learned Myth & Facts

Myth
  • Pirates did not have their people walk the plank.  It only happened once that they know of, but was products of Peter Pan.
  • Pirates do not bury their treasure.  They would waste it on alcohol, and women.
Fact
  • They did often have a parrot.
  • Many did have wooden legs, because of amputation caused by scurvy.
go bowling, and not learn all that.  What a jerk.

Outside of the museum were shops with lots of jewelry.  Mike tried on a few watches.  He's always in the market.
We settled for $5 handcrafted turtles that move on a string.  Personalized too!  The lady was giving her sales pitch, and said she could personalize them.  Sure enough all you need is a sharpie.
I got this necklace for free for yelling out the name of the store.  I can't recall what it was now.  Annelise got this for her souvenir.

Entertainment for day 3 was a juggler/comedian.  I thought he was good.
Then we saw a Newlywed game.  Mary the 80 year old lady was famous after that.  The entertainment coordinator let her be the judge the belly flop contest the next day, when it was a tie.

Day 4:
Back to Cape Canaveral

We spent the entire day on the ship.  They had things to do all day.  Of coarse lots of food to enjoy too.


Ice sculpture. 

I missed it.  I went to a detox class.  I listened to all the bad things we put into our body.  The lotions, deodorant, shampoo, bad air, meat with to much hormones, and fluoride.  Then at the end of her 45 min. spill, she wouldn't give up the info to remove these toxins.  She tells us if we want to find out how, we need to schedule an appointment with her to create a personal detox system for $35.  That's not a detox class, it was a depressing class.

Rock wall butts, drive me nuts.
They flew up the first time, and no one was waiting.  Mike didn't know they could go again, until some other guy did.  He wanted to try a harder course.  The long line took awhile, but they did rock at the rock wall.

The sound of the bell! 
Can you hear it?  Oh had to be there I guess.

Not to take away from their accomplishment.  While we waited, and waited I saw 76 year old Elaine climb. 


She's cute!

The famous towel animals left in the room were:

We ended the night with delicious drinks not included on the beverage pass.  We watched another dancing/music show.  After the show we enjoyed Karaoke. 
Check out the guy behind me.  He definitely over ate.

Thanks to the Jensen's for inviting us, and thanks to my mom and Lane for keeping the kiddos.  Now when we see my mom they ask "are you going on a plane?"  I can't wait until I can say yes again.  We had so much fun.








3 comments:

Wendy said...

It looks like you had the best time! I am jealous. Maybe we should go on a cruise together some day with the hubbies. Way fun! My favorite part... "Personalized too! The lady was giving her sales pitch, and said she could personalize them. Sure enough all you need is a sharpie." Hilarious!!! A Sharpie. I can't stop laughing.

Rach said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the pictures. And the sharpie. I was also laughing out loud.

Huff Family said...

Steph that looked like so much fun! I love all the pictures.